NiceHash Simple Multi-Algorithm Mining(only in English - instructions for mining software developers)
We designed Simple Multi-Algorithm Mining for two reasons:
- To remove unnecessary connection overhead with previous Multi-Algorithm mining.
- To transfer control of algorithm choosing onto miner.
- Miner's discretion which algorithm to mine (and not ours anymore).
- Using standard 3xxx ports.
- Already made and simple to use open source C function, which tells your miner which algorithm is currently most profitable.
- Reduced connection overhead. Miner uses only one connection to our service and periodically query HTTP API for information.
- Opportunity to upgrade mining software with better algorithm switching with no added overhead.
- No more dealing with messy huge config files.
- Query our HTTP API https://www.nicehash.com/api?method=simplemultialgo.info to get information about profitability.
- Decide which algorithm is most profitable.
- If already mining most profitable algorithm, wait 60 seconds and go to 1.
- Establish connection for mining most profitable algorithm and wait for work (job).
- Unload previous work (old algorithm) and prepare for new algorithm (new job).
- Mine new algorithm (new job).
- Go to 1.
C function to get information about profitability and decide most profitable algorithm can be found in our GitHub repository.
Algorithm names currently used by NiceHash:
We recommend mining software to perform benchmark of algorithms to detect appropriate factors (speeds) thus relieving miners from setting factors manually.